September 2010 - RET
INEE Minimum Standards Handbook (updated 2010 edition) is the only global tool that articulates the minimum level of education quality and access in emergencies through to early recovery, providing good practices for coordinated action by governments, humanitarian workers and educationalists.
INEE Guidance Notes on Teaching and Learning articulate good practice on critical issues related to curricula adaptation and development, instruction, teacher training and support, and the assessment of learning outcomes, focusing on the quality side of
Education for All.
INEE Reference Guide on External Education Financing provides an overview of the different types of modalities for financing education in order to support governments, policy makers and civil society in exercising informed choice when choosing a specific modality.
INEE Gender Pocket Guide draws upon resources and tools produced by the INEE Gender Task Team and the Inter-Agency Standing Committee Gender Sub-Working Group to distill goodpractice gender equality programming principles for education practitioners.
This regional launch will bring together education practitioners and policy makers to celebrate the release of four major tools focused on improved educational preparedness, response and recovery. This day-long interactive event will include:
• Official launch and overview of four new inter-agency tools;
• A series of brief orientation presentation all four new tools;
• Expert panel reflections on the field of education in emergencies and the application of INEE tools;
• Opportunities to interact and network with regional education in emergencies actors;
• An introduction to INEE, a global open community with a vast arrange of resources and collaborative initiatives to be explored.
The Geneva launch follows regional events in New York, Washington, DC, Bangkok, Dakar and Nairobi.